Naveen Kumar Goyat Character
Naveen Kumar is the youngest player in the VIVO Pro Kabaddi League, a young player with an already developed game. His immense candor, ability and hard grind make him exceptional from others. His journey to success has begun. Let us take a look at his interesting life story.
date of birth
14 February 2000
The team played
caste and religion
5 foot 10 inches
76 kg (Approx.)
Move the signature
running hand touch
Naveen Kumar Early life
- Naveen Kumar was born in Sultanpur, Haryana to a family that had some sports background. His grandfather is a state level wrestler.
- Naveen Kumar later grew up and was raised by his grandfather in Bhiwani.
- Bhiwani has produced many professional kabaddi players like Parvesh Bhainswal.
- Naveen Kumar was introduced to the sport of Kabaddi when he was seven years old as Kabaddi was the only budding sport in Bhiwadi.
- Naveen Kumar became very fond of this sport and started working hard in this sport.
- When Naveen Kumar was in his school, he represented his school in the Junior National Championship. He further represented his team in the senior national tournament.
- He showed himself in the U-17 championship, then we showed him in the national level held at Bhiwani, where he was adjudged the best raider and scored the most raid points.
- He completed his higher secondary education from Cook University, Haryana.
- Naveen Kumar was studying and simultaneously spending time playing kabaddi.
- When Naveen Kumar was studying, he was asked by his father to choose between studies or sports, he chose sports over studies, but he did not drop out and passed 12th with first class.
- When he reached home after being adjudged the best raider in the national championship, he was warmly welcomed by the villagers and his family. His family was most happy with his performance at the national level.
Naveen Kumar Professional Career
- When he was in the first year of his graduation he attended the trials of the Dabang Delhi KC team, as expected the selectors selected him as the NYP (New Young Player) of the year 2017.
- He was paid 6.6 lakh by Dabang Delhi for season 7, his performance against Jaipur Pink Panthers was remarkable as he made Super 10 and scored 12 red points in just 18 raids.
- Season-6 of PKL was his debut season in professional Kabaddi for Dabang Delhi, he appeared in 22 matches and scored 177 points of which 172 were his red points and the remaining 5 points were his tackle points; He did 3 super raids. Notably, he scored 26 raid points in do-or-die raids.
- Interviewed by aw ebsite, he said, “It was a good first season, and I played with senior players and coaches, who guided me to improve my footwork and playing strategy. I learned that it is a team sport and work for the good of the team. I worked to give my best in my first season and it worked.
- Naveen Kumar is always treated by coach Krishnan Kumar and Dabahngf Delhi Caption Joginder Singh Narwal.
Naveen Kumar Statistics
|the season||Overall||Season 7||Season 6|
|Total points earned||324||147||१७७|
|Most points in a match||16||16||१५|
|Number of Super Reds||4||१||3|
|Total RAID Points||318||146||१७२|
|Average Raid Points/Match||९.३५||१२.१६||७.८१|
|Number of super tackles||१||–||१|
|Total tackle points||6||१||५|
|Strike rate handled||३७.५||२५||४१.६६|
Move the signature
- Each raider has a move for which he earns most of his points; Naveen Kumar’s signature move is the “Running Hand Touch”.
- This movement is taken by surprise, and with a sudden increase in speed, a raider rushes towards the defender and extends his whole body for a quick touch with his hand before rushing to safety.
Haryana has always been a hotbed of budding young players and Naveen Kumar is also a pearl in that ocean. We believe that he succeeds in his sport and reaches infinite heights. After the Pro Kabaddi League, we hope he will represent our Indian team at the international level as well.